Date: June 12, 2014
To: All Registrars
Re: Fall 2014 Registration: Due June 30 – July 11
As you all are aware by now, WYSL will be affiliating with US Club Soccer starting the Fall 2014 season. We are looking to make the registration process as simple, seamless and problem-free as possible. It is important to understand that, for the first registration cycle, most of the familiar steps related to team and player registration will remain as they have been. For now, we encourage club registrars to deal with team and player registration in the same manner as in past years (i.e., by visiting Lee D'Argenio at the WYSL office in early July). We are working to provide clubs that want it the option of printing out their own passes for the Fall, provided that we are able to ensure appropriate controls at the League level consistent with WYSL rules and requirements. (If we are able to do this, we would strongly advise that only clubs that are already familiar with navigating through US Club Soccer opt for printing at the club level.)
Please read the following registration instructions carefully, and be sure to reach out to the League administrators if you have any questions regarding the procedure.
WYSL will be fielding Girls and Boys U8-U19 in the Fall 2014 season.
BOYS & GIRLS:
U13 - U19: 11 V 11, 11 roster min., 22 max
U12: 11 V 11, 11 roster min., 18 max
(teams in D3 or lower, 22 max)
or 9 V 9, 9 roster min., 16 max
(U12 teams may choose 9v9 or 11v11 format)
U11: 9 V 9, 9 roster min., 16 max
(teams in D3 or lower, 18 max)
U9 & U10: 8 V 8, 8 roster min., 14 max
U8: 8 V 8, 8 roster min., 14 max
(U8 teams to play a slightly modified schedule with 7 games and 2 festivals)
U19 (Born 8/1/95 to 7/31/96)
U18 (Born 8/1/96 to 7/31/97)
U17 (Born 8/1/97 to 7/31/98)
U16 (Born 8/1/98 to 7/31/99)
U15 (Born 8/1/99 to 7/31/00)
U14 (Born 8/1/00 to 7/31/01)
U13 (Born 8/1/01 to 7/31/02)
U12 (Born 8/1/02 to 7/31/03)
U11 (Born 8/1/03 to 7/31/04)
U10 (Born 8/1/04 to 7/31/05)
U09 (Born 8/1/05 to 7/31/06)
U08 (Born 8/1/06 to 7/31/07)
Final groupings will be dependent upon number of teams entered and determined by the League Seeding Committee. Season runs from Sunday, September 7 through Sunday, November 16.
2 Season Team Rates 1 Season Team Rates
U08 - U11 $1,150 U08 - U11 $ 820
U12 - U14 $1,300 U12 - U14 $ 980
HS (U15-U19) $1,400 HS (U15-U19) $ 1,050
We are reviewing our AR Pilot program. There may be an additional charge of up to $200 for teams U14 or younger participating in this program, as it may be modified.
GUEST TEAMS: We are in the process of reviewing our fees for guest teams that already have US Club passes. If you are in this situation, please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as fees are established. (NOTE: TEAMS WITHOUT US Club passes WILL PAY THE NORMAL LEAGUE REGISTRATION fee STATED ABOVE.)
Registration: June 30 (Monday)-July 11 (Friday).
Call no later than June 20 (Friday) to schedule an appointment in the WYSL office.
Registration can also be done by mail, provided that a team list and seeding summary is included, and birthdates are highlighted. Keep copies of team list and seeding summary for phone call.
IMPORTANT: Please encourage all of your players/parents to register themselves, creating an account, and upload their photos (good for 2 years). In the event that they are unable to do so, the person registering them must register as the player, creating an account for that player and input all of their correct player information i.e. address, phone, e-mail address, etc.
The following must be presented on or before Registration appointment:
- Team List: Before our meeting, e-mail me a list of your teams (sorted by age, boys first then girls). Indicate which teams are new and which teams have merged or disbanded. Don’t forget to e-mail this list to me prior to your registration appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Registration Fees/Fines: Team fees and any outstanding forfeit fees or fines owed by your club must be paid at this time, two separate checks made payable to WYSL.
- Club Admin page: Club contacts are entered online on the club field/info section of your club page. Please supply names, cell & work phone numbers, and e-mails for the following: President, Registrar/commissioner, field contact, referee coordinator, score reporter (and Rec administrator if applicable). Check off “Notify on game change” for all contacts who want email notice of game changes. Print out this page when completed and bring it with you to your appointment. This serves as the new “Officers” form for the League.
- Application/Seeding forms: Seedings will be open for Fall 2014 on June 26th. DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOU SEE THE CURRENT SEASON! Print out all of your seeding forms or have a summary sheet of what your teams want for your registration appt. Sort them starting with boys, youngest to oldest, then girls, youngest to oldest, highest to lowest divisions. (If there is more than one team in an age group, highest division team goes first.) Two different contacts must be furnished for each team.
- Birth Certificates: Birth certificates (required for players who are new to the League) are to be grouped by teams in alphabetical order by last name of player within each team, and then the team’s birth certificates placed in alphabetical order by team name. Teams will be gone through alphabetically, A-Z. Highlight First and Last Name, along with the birthdate.
- ENYYSA passes will no longer be valid after this season. You will receive new US Club passes upon completion of team registration. (See the introductory paragraph with respect to the club option of printing out passes.)
TO DO LIST:
- Field Information: Update your field information on the club Field Info Section of Club page. Each club will enter and keep current its field information as “permits” in the CLUB Field Info section of the club page on the wyslsoccer.org website and Manage Field Permits.
- Club Field Directions: Directions allow coaches, parents, and refs to find fields at www.wyslsoccer.org. Club President/designee should review the field directions on the WYSL website and revise them if necessary. E-mail changes to email@example.com. Email the scheduler before adding any new fields.
We require one field for a full day for every six teams playing on that size field. (Preferably noon to dark for small sided and 9 to dark for full sided.) Get as much field time as you can for the WYSL to use in scheduling. Unused time can be returned to the community or other groups after the schedule is final. Field time needed for games is: U9/10 - 1:15, U11/12 - 1:30, U13/14 - 1:45, U15+: 2 hours. With rare exceptions games start no later than 5pm. Earliest start time for U8-U12: 12pm. For U13: 11:30; U14: 11; U15 and high school: 9am.
Enter an online permit for all available fields and times for Sunday play. Permits from prior seasons can be used as templates or cloned for a new season. Permits must be entered as early as possible and at least 6 weeks before the start of the season. Use preliminary information if that’s all you have and correct it as early as possible. Instructions for permits are on the website. Tell the scheduler about special conditions or field issues.
- Special team requests: Send all team/club special schedule requests or coach coordination requests by email to the WYSL Scheduler (firstname.lastname@example.org) as early as possible and preferably before the scheduling (5 weeks before the start of the season). Any request made after the preliminary schedule is sent out will not be accepted. Each request must include: Club / Team Name / Age Group / Request / and, for coach coordinations, coach name.
DO NOT PUT SPECIAL REQUESTS ON THE APPLICATION/SEEDING FORM!
The league only coordinates games for a head coach of two WYSL teams. We do not coordinate for co-head coaches, trainers, assistant coaches, or club officials. Coaches may not be head coach for more than two WYSL teams playing in the league.
- Co-insured Form: All insurance certificates previously requested by clubs have been automatically generated and will be e-mailed to the president of that club in August. If the president’s e-mail address has changed, please let the League know.
Please Note: It is suggested that clubs get an e-mail address that will not change over the years (i.e., P.O. Box).
- Application/Seeding Request Form: All teams must fill out an online application/ seeding request form to provide information to the WYSL Seeding Committee, listing two different contacts. The information that is submitted on the Application/Seeding Form will create the contacts on the Fall 2014 team page, which can be added to and revised by the authorized team reps. Team contacts may then access the team page by clicking upper right “team log-in” using their designated e-mail address and password. The start date to submit online seeding forms is June 26, 2014. Make sure all your teams submit their seeding/application online and either print them or have a summary sheet.
- New player(s) ONLY: New players to WYSL travel soccer must submit a birth certificate and upload a recent photo of themselves. Parents, coaches and club registrars will also have the ability to upload photos. All photos of new players/coaches must be uploaded and those sessions will then be submitted to League.
- New Coaches: New coaches should submit a copy of proof of licensing, if any. Only in the Fall Season is a New Coach allowed a temporary coaching pass; however, that coach is required to be licensed by the following spring season by taking the “F” license (or equivalent) course and online Orientation course. (More information on these courses will be forthcoming.) A coach may only be a temporary coach once. No temporary passes will be allowed in the spring season!
- Risk Management: Risk management under US Club Soccer is included when registering to receive a “staff pass”. All coaches and managers are required to register for a staff pass, the cost of which will be included in the team’s League registration fee.
- How to update Club information: Club officers, team pages, individual field directions are on the WYSL website. Club President or president’s designee – (person with club administration rights) is responsible for updating club officers’ information and keeping individual field directions accurate for their club. Go to www.wyslsoccer.org. Go to “Clubs” on left- hand side of screen. In center of page find your club and go into club page. Right-hand top corner, “log in”. If it is the first time accessing this page, put email address in and leave password blank and press “first-time user or forgot password” at bottom. A password will be emailed to you immediately- print it out and save it. This will be your password to access the Club Information Page where you can update all club information.