Date: June 1, 2013
To: All Registrars
Re: Fall 2013 Registration – Due July 5, 2013
WYSL will be fielding Girls and Boys U8-U15 in the Fall 2013 season.
BOYS & GIRLS:
U14 - U19: 11 V 11, 11 roster min., 22 max
U12 - U13: 11 V 11, 11 roster min., 18 max for State Cup teams, (teams in D3 or lower not playing State Cup, 22 max)
U11: 9 V 9, 9 roster min., 16 max for State Cup teams, (teams in D3 or lower, not playing State Cup, 18 max)
U9 & U10: 8 V 8, 8 roster min., 14 max
New For Fall 2013:
U8: 8 V 8, 8 roster min., 14 or max
U8: 6 V 6, 6 roster min., 12 max (will be added if sufficient number of teams request to play U8 at 6 v 6
U19 (Born 8/1/94 to 7/31/95
U18 (Born 8/1/95 to 7/31/96)
U17 (Born 8/1/96 to 7/31/97)
*U16 (Born 8/1/97 to 7/31/98)
*U15 (Born 8/1/98 to 7/31/99)
U14 (Born 8/1/99 to 7/31/00)
U13 (Born 8/1/00 to 7/31/01)
U12 (Born 8/1/01 to 7/31/02)
U11 (Born 8/1/02 to 7/31/03)
U10 (Born 8/1/03 to 7/31/04)
U09 (Born 8/1/04 to 7/31/05)
U08 (Born 8/1/05 to 7/31/06)
*New for 2013: U15 and U16 age groups will be combined bracket called Junior Varsity.
Final groupings will depend on the number of teams entered and be determined by the League Seeding Committee. Fall 2013 season begins September 8th.
2 Season Team Rates 1 Season Team Rates
U8 (6 V 6) $1,100 U8 (6 V 6) $790
U8 - U11 $1,150 U8 - U11 $ 820
U12 - U14 $1,300 U12 - U14 $ 980
U15-U16 $1,400 U15-U16 $ 1,050
WYSL Registered Teams Playing out of League: $ 600
GUEST TEAMS: Teams registered to other leagues requesting to be WYSL guests: $400
Registration: June 24-27 (early birds); July 1-5 (except Thurs. July 4th holiday)
Call no later than Friday, June 14th to schedule an appointment in the WYSL office. Special exceptions can be made to extend registration into the second week of July by contacting Lee.
Registration can also be done by mail, provided that a team list and a seeding summary is included, and all birth certificates are alphabetical by team with the birthdates highlighted. Keep copies of the team list and summary for seedings/registration phone call appointment with me.
IMPORTANT: All of your players/coaches are required to register themselves and upload their photos. In the event that they are unable to do so, the person registering them must register as the player, creating a separate account for that player and input all of player’s information i.e. address, phone, e-mail address, etc.
The following must be presented on or before Registration appointment:
- All old or current passes must be returned: Collect all your team passes, remove all rings, and bring both to your appointment. All passes will be printed new. Ensure that all players/coaches have uploaded their photos.
- Alphabetical Team List: In advance, e-mail me a team list, sorted by age, youngest to oldest, of your teams providing the following: 1. Team Sex/Age 2. Team name. If they are a combo team, indicate which teams combined to form it. At bottom, list the teams that are not returning from the Spring 2013 season, and which teams have disbanded. Please e-mail this list to me prior to your registration appointment.
- Registration Fees/Fines: Team fees must be in one check andany outstanding forfeit fees or fines owed by your club must be paid at this time in a separate check; the two checks are made payable to WYSL.
- Club Admin page: Club contacts are entered online on the club field/info section of club page. Please supply names, cell & work phone numbers, and e-mails for the following: President, Registrar/commissioner, field contact, referee coordinator, score reporter (and Rec administrator if applicable.) Print out the page when completed and bring it with you to the appointment. This serves as the new “Officers” form for the League.
- Seedings: Print all of your seeding forms or have a summary sheet of what your teams want (and why) for your registration appt. Sort them starting with boys, youngest to oldest, then girls, youngest to oldest, highest to lowest divisions. (If more than one team in an age group, highest division goes first.) Fall 2013 seedings can be entered online Friday, June 21st.
- Birth Certificates (new-to-wysl players only): Birth certificates are to be grouped by teams in alphabetical order within each team, first and last name and birthdate highlighted please. Teams will be gone through alphabetically, A-Z.
There will be no “on demand, on-the-spot” passes made. Pass information must be complete (birthdate and photo uploaded) and submitted three (3) days in advance of pass pick-up/delivery.
TO DO LIST:
- Field Information: Update your field information on the club Field Info Section of Club page. Each club will enter and keep current its field information as “permits” in the CLUB Field Info section of the club page on the wyslsoccer.org website and Manage Field Permits.
- Club Field Directions: These directions are designed for coaches and parents to be able to find fields alphabetically at www.wyslsoccer.org. Club President/designee should review the field directions on the WYSL website and revise them if a new field has been added and e-mail any changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. One full-day field is required for every six teams playing on that size field. (That means noon to dark for small sided and 9 to dark for full sided.) Get as much field time as you can for the WYSL to use in scheduling. Unused time can be returned to the community or other groups after the schedule is final. Field time needed for games is: U9/10 - 1:15, U11/12 - 1:30, U13/14 - 1:45, U15+: 2 hours. U9, 10, 11 and 12 games cannot start before noon. U13 games can start at 11:30 am, U14 at 11:00 am, and U15 and high school games at 9:00 am.
All available fields and times for Sunday will need a permit. As examples, permits for all the Spring 2011 fields will be on the web site by June 1. Those permits can be used as templates or cloned for a new season. Permits must be entered as early as possible and at least 6 weeks before the start of the season. Use preliminary information if that’s all that you have and correct it as early as possible. Instructions for permits are on the website.
· How to update Club information: (Club officers, team pages, individual field directions) are on the WYSL website. The club President or president’s designee (person with club administration rights) is responsible for updating club officers’ information and keeping individual field directions accurate for their club. Go to www.wyslsoccer.org. Go to “Clubs” on left- hand side of screen under “About Us”. In center of page find your club and go into club page. Right-hand top corner, “log in”.
If it is the first time accessing this page, put email address in and leave password blank and press “first time user or forgot password” at bottom. A password will be emailed to you immediately- print it out and save it. This will be your password to access the Club Information Page where you can update all club information.
- Special team requests: Send all team or club special schedule requests or coach coordination requests by email to the WYSL Scheduler (email@example.com) as early as possible and preferably before the scheduling (5 weeks before the start of the season). Any request made after the preliminary schedule is sent out will not be accepted. Each request must include: Club / Team Name / Age Group / Request / and, for coach coordinations, coach name. DO NOT PUT SPECIAL REQUESTS ON THE APPLICATION/SEEDING FORM!
The league only coordinates games for a head coach of two WYSL teams. We do not coordinate for co-head coaches, trainers, assistant coaches, or club officials. Coaches may not be head coach for more than two WYSL teams playing in the league.
- Insurance Certificates: All insurance certificates already requested by clubs in prior seasons will be automatically generated and e-mailed to the e-mail provided for that club in late August. If the e-mail address has changed, please let the League know. It is suggested that clubs get an e-mail address that will not change over the years (i.e. PO Box). The Certificates of Insurance are good for one year. If there is a new facility, please enter the formal name of new facility on the Certificate of Insurance request form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application/Seeding Request Form : All teams must fill out an online application/seeding request form to provide information to the WYSL Seeding Committee, listing two different contacts. The information that is submitted on the Application/Seeding Form will create the contacts on the Fall 2013 team page, which can be added to and revised by the authorized team reps. Team contacts may then access the team page by clicking upper right “team log-in” using their designated e-mail address and password. The start date to submit online seeding forms is June 21st. Make sure all your teams submit one online and either print them or have a summary sheet.
- Coaches: Coaches who have taken licensing courses should submit to you a copy of proof of licensing. Only in the Fall Season is a New Coach allowed a temporary coaching pass; however, that coach is required to be licensed by the following spring season by taking both the WYSL 8-hour certification over the winter (or equivalent) course, and two-hour Orientation course (offered in fall), and by returning that temporary pass to his/her registrar along with uploading a picture in order to get a permanent coaching pass (no temporary passes will be allowed in spring season.) A coach may only be a temporary coach once.
Risk Management: All coaches and managers, must register on line with Risk Management, a background check, by going to www.wyslsoccer.org, click on “Risk Management” and follow instructions. Risk management registration is good for two years. The Risk Management background check will cost $10 per coach, payable by credit card online.
- Coaches Concussion Awareness Certificates: The WYSL Board of Directors has unanimously passed the requirement that all WYSL licensed coaches complete the CDC Concussion Awareness Online Course before the resumption of League play for Fall 2013. This valuable, short, free online course was developed to help coaches recognize the signs of a possible concussion and the proper steps to follow when the coach suspects a concussion has occurred. Upon course completion a Concussion Awareness certificate will be issued. Coaches will be asked to have these Certificates in their possession for all their WYSL league games.
Please share the following link to this course with all of your coaches: http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/Training/HeadsUpConcussion.html