Please read the following registration instructions carefully, and be sure to reach out to the League administrator if you have any questions regarding the procedure.
WYSL will be fielding Girls and Boys U8-U14, and JV (U15 and U16 combined) teams in the Fall 2015 season. *In the Spring, we will be fielding Varsity (up to U19) teams. There will be a JV and HS mini season in November with a separate registration.
BOYS & GIRLS: U13 - U14, JV and Varsity: 11 V 11, 11 roster min., 22 max
U11 & U12: 9 V 9, 9 roster min., 16 max;
teams in D3 or lower, 18 max
[Note: the U12 11v11 option has been eliminated, as previously announced.]
U9 & U10: 8 V 8, 8 roster min., 14 max
U8: 6 V 6, 7 roster min., 11 max
(U8 teams will play a slightly modified schedule with 8 or 9 games and 1 festival. New U8 rules were posted and circulated today. Note the options of single team format and paired team format; that option must be selected on the teams’ seeding requests in the comment section.)
U19 (Born 8/1/96 to 7/31/97)
U18 (Born 8/1/97 to 7/31/98)
U17 (Born 8/1/98 to 7/31/99)
U16 (Born 8/1/99 to 7/31/00)
U15 (Born 8/1/00 to 7/31/01)
U14 (Born 8/1/01 to 7/31/02)
U13 (Born 8/1/02 to 7/31/03)
U12 (Born 8/1/03 to 7/31/04)
U11 (Born 8/1/04 to 7/31/05)
U10 (Born 8/1/05 to 7/31/06)
U09 (Born 8/1/06 to 7/31/07)
U08 (Born 8/1/07 to 7/31/08)
Final groupings will be dependent upon number of teams entered and determined by the League Seeding Committee. Season runs from Sunday, September 13 through Sunday, November 22 with no game on Columbus Day Weekend, Sunday, October 11.
2 Season Team Rates 1 Season Team Rates
U08 $1,100 U08 $ 790
U09 - U12 $1,150 U09 - U12 $ 820
U13 - U14 $1,300 U13 - U14 $ 980
HS (JV) $1,400 HS (JV and Varsity) $ 1,050
Registration: June 29 (Monday)-July 10 (Friday).
Call no later than June 19 (Friday) to schedule an appointment in the WYSL office.
Registration can also be done by mail, provided that a team list and seeding summary is included, and birthdates are highlighted. Keep copies of your team list and seeding summary for phone call.
IMPORTANT: Please encourage all of your players/parents to register themselves, creating an account, and upload their photos (good for 2 years). In the event that they are unable to do so, the person registering them must register as the player, creating an account for that player and input all of their correct player information i.e. address, phone, e-mail address, etc.
The following must be presented on or before Registration appointment:
- Team List: Before our meeting, e-mail me a list of your teams (sorted by age, boys first then girls, higher divisions within age group first). Indicate which teams are new and which teams have merged or disbanded. Don’t forget to e-mail this list to me prior to your registration appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Registration Fees/Fines: Team fees and any outstanding forfeit fees or fines owed by your club must be paid at this time in two separate checks made payable to WYSL.
- Club Admin page: Club contacts are entered online on the club field/info section of your club page. Please supply names, cell & work phone numbers, and e-mails for the following: President, Registrar/commissioner, field contact, referee coordinator, score reporter (and Rec administrator if applicable). Check off “Notify on game change” for all contacts who want email notice of game changes. Print out this page when completed and bring it with you to your appointment. This serves as the new “Officers” form for the League.
- Application/Seeding forms: Seedings will be open for Fall 2015 on June 26th. DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOU SEE THE CURRENT SEASON! Print out all of your seeding forms or have a summary sheet of what your teams want for your registration appt. Sort them starting with boys, youngest to oldest, then girls, youngest to oldest, highest to lowest divisions. (If there is more than one team in an age group, highest division team is first.) Two different contacts must be furnished for each team.
- Birth Certificates: Birth certificates (required for players who are new to the League) are to be grouped by teams in alphabetical order by last name of player within each team, and alphabetical order by team name. Teams will be gone through alphabetically, A-Z. Highlight First and Last Name, along with the birthdate.
TO DO LIST:
- Field Information: Update your field information on the club Field Info Section of Club page. Each club will enter and keep current its field information as “permits” in the CLUB Field Info section of the club page on the wyslsoccer.org website and Manage Field Permits.
- Club Field Directions: Directions allow coaches, parents, and refs to find fields at www.wyslsoccer.org. Club President/designee should review the field directions on the WYSL website and revise them if necessary. E-mail changes and new fields to the scheduler at email@example.com.
- We require one field for a full day for every six teams playing on that size field. (Preferably noon to dark for small sided and 9 to dark for full sided.) Get as much field time as you can for the WYSL to use in scheduling. Unused time can be returned to the community or other groups after the schedule is final. Field time needed for games is: U8/9/10 - 1:15, U11/12 - 1:30, U13/14 - 1:45, U15+: 2 hours. With rare exceptions games start no later than 5pm. Earliest start time for U8-U12: 12pm. For U13: 11:30; U14: 11; HS (JV and Varsity): 9am.
Enter an online permit for all available fields and times for Sunday play. Permits from prior seasons can be used as templates or cloned for a new season. Permits must be entered as early as possible and at least 6 weeks before the start of the season. Use preliminary information if that’s all you have and correct it as early as possible. Instructions for permits are on the website. Tell the scheduler about special conditions or field issues.
- Special team requests: Send all team/club special schedule requests or coach coordination requests by email to the WYSL Scheduler (firstname.lastname@example.org) as early as possible and preferably before the scheduling (5 weeks before the start of the season). Any request made after the preliminary schedule is sent out will not be accepted. Each request must include: Club / Team Name / Age Group / Request / and, for coach coordinations, coach name.
DO NOT PUT SCHEDULE REQUESTS ON THE APPLICATION/SEEDING FORM!
The league only coordinates games for a head coach of two WYSL teams. We do not coordinate for co-head coaches, trainers, assistant coaches, or club officials. Coaches may not be head coach for more than two WYSL teams playing in the league.
- Co-insured Form: All insurance certificates are generated by US Club and the process is handled by the clubs.
- Application/Seeding Request Form: All teams must fill out an online application/ seeding request form to provide information to the WYSL Seeding Committee, listing two different contacts. The information that is submitted on the Application/Seeding Form will create the contacts on the Fall 2015 team page, which can be added to and revised by the authorized team reps. Team contacts may then access the team page by clicking upper right “team log-in” using their designated e-mail address and password. The start date to submit online seeding forms is June 26, 2015. Make sure all your teams submit their seeding/application online and either print them or have a summary sheet.
- New player(s) ONLY: New players to WYSL travel soccer must submit a birth certificate and upload a recent photo. Parents, coaches and club registrars will also have the ability to upload photos. All photos of new players/coaches must be uploaded and those sessions will then be submitted to League.
- New Coaches: New coaches should submit a copy of proof of licensing, if any. Only for one Fall season is a New Coach allowed a coaching pass without having taken the mandatory courses. That coach is required to be licensed by the following spring season by taking the NSCAA Level 2 (or equivalent) course and the coach Orientation course. (More information on these courses will be forthcoming.) A coach may only coach for one fall season without having taken the required courses! A coach who fails to take the courses may not coach in the spring season and must forfeit his coaching pass.
- Risk Management: All coaches must pass Risk Management before they can be rostered or receive a coaching pass. Risk management under US Club Soccer is to be done every 2 years. The coach must pay $15 on Coach Central and will be directed to the US Club site to complete the actual background check.
- How to update Club information: Club officers, team pages, individual field directions are on the WYSL website. Club President or president’s designee – (person with club administration rights) is responsible for updating club officers’ information and keeping individual field directions accurate for their club. Go to www.wyslsoccer.org. Go to “Clubs” on left- hand side of screen. In the center of the page find your club and go into the club page. Right-hand top corner, “log in”. If it is the first time accessing this page, enter email address and leave password blank and press “first-time user or forgot password” at bottom. A password will be emailed to you immediately- print it out and save it. This will be your password to access the Club Information Page where you can update all club information.