The WYSL Select Program is looking for experienced youth coaches for the 2013 -2014 Season.
Candidates should: possess solid management and organizational skills; enjoy working in a team concept; maintain professional attitude; possess high energy; have a strong commitment to youth soccer.Coaches are expected to have a deep Knowledge of the Game and be fluid in expressing and imparting this knowledge.
Coaches should perform their duties so they reflect and share their knowledge in a manner that emphasizes a code of fair play, showing proper respect for the efforts of the players, other coaches and referees.
Specific duties of the Head Soccer Coach:
1. To advance the WYSL Select Program on a competitive basis under fair play and sportsmanship.
2. To adhere to the instructions of the Program’s Coaching Director and Administrators.
3. To work with the Team Manager to insure proper management and control of the team assigned.
4. To be sure that the team players are instructed in a positive, respectful manner.
Our Priorities as Coaches and as an Organization:
- teach the best the game can offer developing both playing skill and personal character through soccer
- to provide a positive environment for the practice and play of soccer
Training and Licensing
The WYSL has mandated training experience and licensing for all coaches. A minimum USYSA D licensed and 5 years of team training experience is required to apply for a head coaching position.
Fall: 12 sessions for 1 1/2 hour on Monday evenings, starting last two Mondays in September to the last Monday of November.
No winter indoor sessions
Spring/ Summer: 16 sessions for 1 1/2 hour on Monday evenings; starting third Monday in March ending second Monday in July.
Tournament Teams Only: 3 summer tournament weekends: last weekend of June, second and third weekend of July.
Please email your soccer resume to:
Ernest Harmon - firstname.lastname@example.org