Date: December 6, 2013
To: All Registrars
Re: Spring 2014 Registration: Due Jan 2 – Jan 10, 2014
WYSL will be fielding Girls and Boys U8-U19 in the spring 2013 season.
BOYS & GIRLS: U13 -U19: 11 V 11, 11 roster min., 22 max, and State Cup teams included.
U12: 11 V 11, 11 roster min., 18 max for State Cup teams,
(teams in D3 or lower, not playing State Cup, 22 max)
U11: 9 V 9, 9 roster min., 16 max for State Cup teams,
(teams in D3 or lower not playing State Cup, 18 max)
U9 & U10: 8 V 8, 8 roster min., 14 max
U8: 8 V 8, 8 roster min., 14 max
U19 (Born 8/1/94 to 7/31/95)
U18 (Born 8/1/95 to 7/31/96)
U17 (Born 8/1/96 to 7/31/97)
*U16 (Born 8/1/97 to 7/31/98)
*U15 (Born 8/1/98 to 7/31/99)
U14 (Born 8/1/99 to 7/31/00)
U13 (Born 8/1/00 to 7/31/01)
U12 (Born 8/1/01 to 7/31/02)
U11 (Born 8/1/02 to 7/31/03)
U10 (Born 8/1/03 to 7/31/04)
U09 (Born 8/1/04 to 7/31/05)
U08 (Born 8/1/05 to 7/31/06)
Final groupings will be dependent upon number of teams entered and determined by the League Seeding Committee. Season begins Sunday April 6th and ends Sunday June 22nd, no games April 20th (Easter) and May 25th (Memorial Day Weekend).
2 Season Team Rates 1 Season Team Rates
U8 - U11 $1,150 U8 - U11 $ 820
U12 - U14 $1,300 U12 - U14 $ 980
HS (U15-U19) $1,400 HS (U15-U19) $ 1,050
WYSL Registered Teams Playing out of League: $ 600
GUEST TEAMS: Teams registered to other leagues requesting to be WYSL guests and paying all home ref fees: $400. Guest teams with no home games: contact the league office.
Registration: January 2-10, 2014.
Call no later than December 16th to schedule an appointment in the WYSL office. Registration can also be done by mail, provided that a team list and seeding summary is included, and birthdates are highlighted. Keep copies of team list and seeding summary for phone call.
IMPORTANT: Please encourage all of your players/parents to register themselves, creating an account, and upload their photos. In the event that they are unable to do so, the person registering them must register as the player, creating an account for that player and input all of their correct player information i.e. address, phone, e-mail address, etc.
The following must be presented on or before Registration appointment:
- Team List: E-mail me before the meeting team list of your teams (sort by age, boys first then girls) indicating which teams are new to the spring season and which teams have merged or disbanded. Please e-mail this list to me prior to your registration appointment (email@example.com).
- Registration Fees/Fines: Team fees and any outstanding forfeit fees or fines owed by your club must be paid at this time, two separate checks made payable to WYSL.
- Club Admin page: Club contacts are entered online on the club field/info section of your club page. Please supply names, cell & work phone numbers, and e-mails for the following: President, Registrar/commissioner, field contact, referee coordinator, score reporter (and Rec administrator if applicable.) Check off “Notify on game change” for all contacts who want email notice of game changes. Print out this page when completed and bring it with you to appointment. This serves as the new “Officers” form for the League.
- Application/Seeding forms: Seedings are open for spring seedings December 10th. DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOU SEE THE CURRENT SEASON! Print out all of your seeding forms or have a summary sheet of what your teams want for your registration appt. Sort them starting with boys, youngest to oldest, then girls, youngest to oldest, highest to lowest divisions. (If there is more than one team in an age group, highest division team goes first.) Two different contacts must be furnished for each team.
- Birth Certificates: Birth certificates are to be grouped by teams in alphabetical order by last name of player within each team, and then the team’s birth certificates placed in alphabetical order by team name. Teams will be gone through alphabetically, A-Z. Highlight First and Last Name, along with the birthdate.
- Passes: All “dead” passes must be turned in (passes of players/teams that are no longer playing.)
- Transfers: Transfer materials must be submitted, if applicable: $50, old player pass, completed transfer form. A transfer is the movement from one club or from one league to another club or league. Going from team to team within the same club is not a transfer.
New Passes: There will be no “on demand” passes made. Pass information must be submitted three (3) days in advance of pass pick-up/delivery.
TO DO LIST:
- Field Information: Update your field information on the club Field Info Section of Club page. Each club will enter and keep current its field information as “permits” in the CLUB Field Info section of the club page on the wyslsoccer.org website and Manage Field Permits.
- Club Field Directions: Directions allow coaches, parents, and refs to find fields at www.wyslsoccer.org. Club President/designee should review the field directions on the WYSL website and revise them if necessary. E-mail changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email the scheduler before adding any new fields.
We require one field for a full day for every six teams playing on that size field. (Preferably noon to dark for small sided and 9 to dark for full sided.) Get as much field time as you can for the WYSL to use in scheduling. Unused time can be returned to the community or other groups after the schedule is final. Field time needed for games is: U9/10 - 1:15, U11/12 - 1:30, U13/14 - 1:45, U15+: 2 hours. With rare exceptions games start no later than 5pm. Earliest start time for U8-U12: 12pm. For U13: 11:30; U14: 11; U15 and high school: 9am.
Enter an online permit for all available fields and times for Sunday play. Permits from prior seasons can be used as templates or cloned for a new season. Permits must be entered as early as possible and at least 6 weeks before the start of the season. Use preliminary information if that’s all you have and correct it as early as possible. Instructions for permits are on the website. Tell the scheduler about special conditions or field issues.
- Special team requests: Send all team/club special schedule requests or coach coordination requests by email to the WYSL Scheduler (email@example.com) as early as possible and preferably before the scheduling (5 weeks before the start of the season). Any request made after the preliminary schedule is sent out will not be accepted. Each request must include: Club / Team Name / Age Group / Request / and, for coach coordinations, coach name.
DO NOT PUT SPECIAL REQUESTS ON THE APPLICATION/SEEDING FORM!
The league only coordinates games for a head coach of two WYSL teams. We do not coordinate for co-head coaches, trainers, assistant coaches, or club officials. Coaches may not be head coach for more than two WYSL teams playing in the league.
- Co-insured Form: All insurance certificates previously requested by clubs have been automatically generated and e-mailed to the president of that club in late August. If the president’s e-mail address has changed, please let the League know. It is suggested that clubs get an e-mail address that will not change over the years (i.e. PO Box). The Certificates of Insurance are good for one year. If there is a new facility, please enter the formal name of new facility on the Certificate of Insurance request form and e-mail me.
- Application/Seeding Request Form: All teams must fill out an online application/seeding request form to provide information to the WYSL Seeding Committee, listing two different contacts. The information that is submitted on the Application/Seeding Form will create the contacts on the Spring 2013 team page, which can be added to and revised by the authorized team reps. Team contacts may then access the team page by clicking upper right “team log-in” using their designated e-mail address and password. The start date to submit online seeding forms is December 10th. Make sure all your teams submit one online and either print them or have a summary sheet.
- Passes: Passes must be turned in for returning high school teams from last season. All new passes will be made, so make sure all players upload a recent photo.
- New player(s): to the League must submit a birth certificate and upload a recent photo of themselves. Parents, coaches and club registrars will also have the ability to upload photos. All photos of new players/coaches must be uploaded and those sessions will then be submitted to League.
- Transfers: players moving to different teams in different clubs are considered transfers in the spring season. Their old pass, completed transfer form and $50 must be submitted by club they are going to. Make sure they upload a recent photo and a new pass will be made.
- New Coaches: New coaches should submit a copy of proof of licensing, if any. Only in the Fall Season is a New Coach allowed a temporary coaching pass; however, that coach is required to be licensed by the following spring season by: taking the WYSL 8-hour certification (or equivalent) course and Orientation course, returning the temporary pass to his/her registrar, uploading a picture for the permanent coaching pass (no temporary passes will be allowed in spring season!) A coach may only be a temporary coach once.
- Risk Management: All coaches and managers, must register on line with Risk Management, a background check, by going to www.wyslsoccer.org, click on “Risk Management” and follow instructions. Risk management registration is good for two years. The Risk Management background check will cost $12 per coach, payable by credit card. BCNR=background check not ever done; BCEX=background check has expired and must be done again; BCIP=background check is in progress; and BCXX=coach has been suspended from coaching and is not eligible to coach (remove immediately from roster and have coach call the State Office, ENYYSA).
- How to update Club information: Club officers, team pages, individual field directions are on the WYSL website. Club President or president’s designee – (person with club administration rights) is responsible for updating club officers’ information and keeping individual field directions accurate for their club. Go to www.wyslsoccer.org. Go to “Clubs” on left- hand side of screen. In center of page find your club and go into club page. Right-hand top corner, “log in”. If it is the first time accessing this page, put email address in and leave password blank and press “first-time user or forgot password” at bottom. A password will be emailed to you immediately- print it out and save it. This will be your password to access the Club Information Page where you can update all club information.