To: Club Presidents September 25, 2013
New for 2013 -2014:
WYSL Mini-Season Expanded to 6 Game and will be a Qualifier for ENYYSA State Cup
Mini-Season schedule extended to march 15-6th
The WYSL will again run a Boy’s and Girl’s High School Mini-Season (U15 to U19) starting in November. This year, teams may play either three or six games between November 1, 2013 and March 16, 2014. All teams registered for the six game schedule will be eligible to play in the ENY State Cup.
To enter, each club must 1) complete the attached form and return it to Lee D’Argenio in the league office by Friday, October 18th . 2) Pay $300 per team for three games or $600 for six games. 3) Complete an online application/seeding form for each team (wyslsoccer.org, forms, seeding form, follow prompts).
4) If the team is unregistered, pre-register the team for the spring 2013 WYSL season and pay either the one season HS fee of $1050 or pay $600 if the team will play out-of-league in the spring. Please send two separate checks: one for the registration fee, one for the mini-season fee, both made payable to WYSL.
Non WYSL teams must submit permission – in writing - from their League’s registrar, provide their last season’s standings, and – as above - complete an online seeding form and pay the Mini-Season fee.
No team will be included in the seedings unless ALL of the above requirements are met. No excuses!
You must give each player this letter so they understand the rules of registration.
· The mini-season will be from Nov. 2, 2013 to Mar. 16, 2014. Teams will be seeded by age group and ability and with consideration for the number of games they wish to play. Teams will be paired on a given weekend. The teams will then determine whether to play on a Saturday or Sunday or some other weekend. If they choose November 3, 10 or 16, Terry Benson (firstname.lastname@example.org) will schedule or advise on scheduling the game; any other day, they will send Lee D’Argenio, the league registrar (email@example.com) a makeup form (under “forms” on the website).
· Since there are a limited number of weekend days to play, teams must be available to play on some Saturdays and some Sundays. Teams may black out tournament weekends. Teams should indicate on the application/seeding form which day they prefer and any special requests (coach coordination, time restrictions). The Scheduler will contact the team with questions.
· Report scores as usual either to your club score reporter or using the APP or phone reporting. Guest teams must e-mail their scores to the league registrar after each game (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· Players who want to play but do not want to be tied to your team may get a tournament pass from the league for $30 per player, check made payable to WYSL, along with a registration form (website form,) birth certification and passport photo. Players who register prior to January 15 are not bound to a team and may transfer to another team for spring. The transfer will count for state cup purposes.
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM